Thursday 20 November 2008

Two Seasons in 24 Hours



I took my camera out to Iwate Park yesterday before my day in the office to see if I
could take some photos of the infamous Autumn leaves before they all fell to the ground and were crushed. I hazard a guess that I got to them on the last day possible because the park looked like it had been gripped by winter.



I was woken up this morning around 9 by a phone call. At first I suspected it was dad calling again and picked it up with out looking at the name. It was my next door neighbor Megan, asking if I had looked out the window today.



No I thought to myself, the last thing I remember seeing was a dream that involved myself chasing after a monkey who for some reason had stolen my box of cornflakes from my pantry. I bet it was that arsehole Coco Pops Monkey.



So I took her advice and pulled back my curtain only to be amazed. Yesterday in Morioka had seen the some of the first snow fall in Iwate. It was cool, but I wasn't really impressed. It was hard and stung my face alot. This morning however everything as far as the eye can see is covered in white powder. It's awesome.




I went straight outside still wearing my Pajamas and began taking photos of the surrounding area. Some of them didn't turn out to well because I haven't figured out how to adjust my camera for the snow yet, but the ones that did will explain how cool the place looks.



I'm heading out again soon so I might get some more photos up before I head to work this after noon. As it is at the moment the snow hasn't stopped falling so maybe by time I get a few more from around town they will be more impressive.



Now I just have to work out how to ride my bike around with out killing myself... A tough one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thankyou chooka well done

Anonymous said...

looks a bit different mate nice and white

Anonymous said...

since when have you worn pjs

Anonymous said...

good luck to sasha on ur snow adventure, i think her last days are gona be some time during this snow season hahaa