Tuesday 3 February 2009

Day 21

Well its been 21 Days since I began the training now, and after three weeks it's becoming seemingly more difficult.

I have noticed changes in my body and the training is definitely having an effect. If I was to continue in this way it would certainly bring about huge changes to my body.

However for the moment I will need to put this little project on hold. Doing this in Japan is very difficult for several reasons:

1. There is no English support at my gym. I have many questions regarding technique, diet and exercise but need to rely on the internet as my only source of gaining any insight. he gym also lacks equipment necessary for me to complete my training correctly.

2. It is near impossible for me to buy foods which are nutritional and healthy. Where I live there is no such thing as lean mean. It is a delicacy to keep the fat in meats so not ideal health food for a strict diet. Tuna would be great but it is all full of oil. Just this morning I chowed into a bowl of 'Healthy Granola' which turned out to be sugar frosted... How was it healthy? I have no idea but the packet clear stated it was nutritional.

So to compensate for the lack of lean meat I have relied on Chicken for the past three weeks, and what can I say except: IT IS DRIVING ME NUTS! I'm tired of chicken. I need something else other the white meat. Every bite is like chewing into the sole of a shoe.

3. My work hours screw me around. Some days I started at 1 pm, others I start at 6.30pm. I have no consistency in the times I eat or the time I work out. For example, tomorrow I begin work at 9 a.m. It doesn't help me keep a decent diet and work out routine.

So even though I am putting this goal on pause does not mean I am not working as hard towards it. In the past three weeks I have learned quite a lot about exercise and nutrition. I will continue to visit the gym 4 - 5 times a week as I have for the past year. On top of that I will be continuing my HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) Routine. This is actually a very interesting concept for any body who is trying to lose weight and tone up. I might explain it in a later post because it does work.

As for meals. I'm not going to go back to eating sweets like I once did, or junk food. I like having a clean system and functional system. These past three weeks while I have eaten healthy I have ingested more milk, Whey Protein, fruit and eggs then I could have imagined. It has messed with my digestion in strange and mysterious ways, namely racing to the toilet first thing in the morning to 'expel my waste.' And I'm not talking pushing out neat little turtle heads here... Think along the lines of a Geyser.

As far as I'm concerned I'll be glad to get back to my cornflakes every morning and sandwiches for lunch. I lost over 40kgs with Vegemite and cheese sandwiches and it didn't cost me an arm and a leg to buy a loaf of bread every week. At least I know when I go drop the kids of at the pool they'll sink straight to the bottom.

I think so long as I keep up my exercise and keep eating under 2000 calories a day by time I get home I may still change a bit more and get closer to my original goal of a six pack. The main aim is to lower my body fat percentage so I'll keep at it, you don't have to be a body builder look lean.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All sounds a bit technical to me xxx

Anonymous said...

thanks for letting us know your toilet habbits.all the best with it.

runningneck said...

Well I've gotta let some one know about it. The only other people I can tell are old Japanese people...

And I'm sure if I tell them about my poo they wont be all that impressed. I mean these people judge me enough because I mix burnable and non burnable garbage together.