Thursday 7 May 2009

29th of April to Now

So on the 29th, when that counter finished I had just arrived in Bali. I decided that with the money I saved from working in Japan I would continue traveling until my savings runs out and I have no choice but to drag my sorry arse back to Australia.

In the month that I was home I decided to travel to several countries, most of which are in south east Asia. The plan is this:

1. Bali
2. Malaysia
3. Singapore
4. Taiwan
5. Vietnam
6. Cambodia
7. Laos
8. Burma

It's a pretty long list and I have no idea if I will make it to all the places that I have planned... but I will enjoy myself where ever I go and make the best of my time there. Just like I have so far I guess.

For the past nine days I have stayed in Bali - Island of the Gods. Once you get past the harassment from the locals, the money hungry society and the hordes of rabid dogs that own the streets at night it's a nice place. When I get a chance I will post some of my choice photos and do a longer blog about my time there with Brendan.

Today I arrived in Malaysia, and I'm surprised. So far it's impressed me alot more then I expected it would. Matt and myself haven't traveled far from out $6 a night hostel but tomorrow when we have a bit more energy we will. As for tonight we're content to wander the night markets and clasp the passports in our pockets every time some one bumps into us or runs past us.

Well until next time I get the chance to post... Take it easy!

No comments: